Last Updated: August 06, 2020
These Terms of Service (“Terms
”) apply to your access to and use of the websites, mobile applications and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services
”) provided by Clapper Media Inc. (“Clapper
” or “we
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. If we make changes, we will provide you with notice of such changes by updating the date at the top of these Terms. Unless we say otherwise in our notice, the amended Terms will be effective immediately, and your continued use of our Services after we provide such notice will confirm your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to the amended Terms, you must stop using our Services.
If you have any questions about these Terms or our Services, please contact us at email@example.com
You must be at least 18 years of age to use our Services. If you are under 18 years of age (or the age of legal majority where you live), you may not use our Services. If you use our Services on behalf of another person or entity, (a) all references to “you” throughout these Terms will include that person or entity, (b) you represent that you are authorized to accept these Terms on that person’s or entity’s behalf, and (c) in the event you or the person or entity violates these Terms, the person or entity agrees to be responsible to us.
3. User Accounts and Account Security
You may need to register for an account to access some of our Services. If you register for an account, you must provide accurate account information and promptly update this information if it changes. You also must maintain the security of your account and promptly notify us if you discover or suspect that someone has accessed your account without your permission. As part of our security procedures, you must treat your account credentials as confidential, and you must not disclose your account credentials to any other person or entity. We reserve the right to reclaim usernames, including on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim, including trademark rights, in those usernames.
You shall not buy, sell, or transfer any aspect of your account (including your username). You agree that your account is not transferable, by operation of law or otherwise, and that in the event of your death, incapacity, or unavailability, we may terminate any rights to your account or User Content.
You can deactivate your account by notifying and asking us to take measures to suspend the login and use of your account. In connection with such a request, we may require you to provide valid identifying information that is consistent with the registered identity information. We have the right to refuse your request if such information is not provided.
We reserve the right to suspend, block, or terminate your account at any time, immediately, and without notice if we believe activities associated with your account violate these Terms, the Community Guidelines, or pose a danger to Clapper, the Services, other users, or any third party. Further, if your account has not been used for more than six (6) months, we reserve the right to suspend, close, retrieve, or replace your account, or delete or de-identify all records associated with your account.
If you choose to deactivate your account, or your account is terminated by us, you will not be able to retrieve any content or information associated with your account. As such, we recommend that you separately save copies of any User Content or other information associated with your account that you wish to retain.
4. User Content
Our Services may allow you and other users to create, transmit, post, store and share content, including messages, text, photos, videos, audio (including musical works and non-musical works) and other materials (collectively, “User Content
”). Except for the license you grant below, you retain all rights in and to your User Content, as between you and Clapper.
You grant Clapper, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and service providers a perpetual, nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, fully paid, transferable and sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform and display your User Content and any name, username or likeness provided in connection with your User Content in all media formats and channels now known or later developed without compensation to you. When you post or otherwise share User Content on or through our Services, you understand that your User Content and any associated information (such as your username or profile photo) may be visible to others, and may be subject to automated scanning to customize user experiences, including targeted advertising.
You may not create, post, store or share any User Content that violates these Terms, the Community Guidelines, or for which you do not have all the rights necessary to grant us the license described above. You represent and warrant that your User Content, and our use of such content as permitted by these Terms, will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity. Although we have no obligation to screen, edit or monitor User Content, we may delete or remove User Content at any time and for any reason with or without notice.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we cannot and do not control what people and others do or say, or the content they transmit or post, and do not undertake to review all User Content as it is transmitted or before it is posted on Clapper. Moreover, we cannot ensure the prompt removal of objectionable material as it is transmitted or after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party, even if you access them through the Services.
5. Prohibited Conduct and Content
You will not violate the Community Guidelines, any applicable law, contract, intellectual property right or other third-party right or commit a tort, and you are solely responsible for your conduct while using our Services. You will not:
- Engage in any harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory or stalking conduct;
- Use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization from that user and Clapper;
- Impersonate or post on behalf of any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Sell, resell or commercially use our Services;
- Copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display all or portions of our Services, except as expressly permitted by us or our licensors;
- Modify our Services, remove any proprietary rights notices or markings, or otherwise make any derivative works based upon our Services;
- Use our Services other than for their intended purpose and in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying our Services or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of our Services in any manner;
- Reverse engineer any aspect of our Services or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any part of our Services;
- Use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods designed to scrape or extract data from our Services;
- Develop or use any applications that interact with our Services without our prior written consent;
- Send, distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk commercial electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- Bypass or ignore instructions contained in our robots.txt file; or
- Use our Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
You may also post or otherwise share only User Content that is nonconfidential and that you have all necessary rights to disclose. You may not create, post, store or share any User Content that:
- Is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or fraudulent;
- Would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- May infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Contains or depicts any statements, remarks or claims that do not reflect your honest views and experiences;
- Impersonates, or misrepresents your affiliation with, any person or entity;
- Contains any unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations;
- Contains any private or personal information of a third party without such third party’s consent;
- Contains any viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or content; or
- In our sole judgment, is objectionable, restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying our Services, or may expose Clapper or others to any harm or liability of any type.
Enforcement of this Section 5 is solely at Clapper's discretion, and failure to enforce this section in some instances does not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce it in other instances. In addition, this Section 5 does not create any private right of action on the part of any third party or any reasonable expectation that the Services will not contain any content that is prohibited by such rules.
6. Ownership; Limited License
The Services, including the text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations, software, functionality and other content contained therein, are owned by Clapper or our licensors and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in these Terms, all rights in and to the Services are reserved by us or our licensors. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, you are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use our Services for your own personal, noncommercial use. Any use of the Services other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited, will terminate the license granted herein and violate our intellectual property rights.
Clapper and our logos, our product or service names, our slogans and the look and feel of the Services are trademarks of Clapper and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned on the Services are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by us.
You may voluntarily post, submit or otherwise communicate to us any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials or other information about Clapper or our Services (collectively, “Feedback
”). You understand that we may use such Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you, including, without limitation, to develop, copy, publish, or improve the Feedback in Clapper’s sole discretion. You understand that Clapper may treat Feedback as nonconfidential.
9. Repeat Infringer Policy; Copyright Complaints
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA
”) and other applicable law, we have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances, the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that anything on our Services infringes any copyright that you own or control, you may notify Clapper’s DMCA Notice Department as follows: Designated Agent:
DMCA Notice Department, Music Reports, Inc. Address:
21122 Erwin St. Woodland Hills, CA 91367 Telephone Number: +1 (818) 558-1400 E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)
for the requirements of a proper notification. Also, please note that if you knowingly misrepresent that any activity or material on our Services is infringing, you may be liable to Clapper for certain costs and damages.
10. Third-Party Content
We may provide information about third-party products, services, activities or events, or we may allow third parties to make their content and information available on or through the Services (collectively, “Third-Party Content
”). We provide Third-Party Content as a service to those interested in such content. Your dealings or correspondence with third parties and your use of or interaction with any Third-Party Content are solely between you and the third party. Clapper does not control or endorse, and makes no representations or warranties regarding, any Third-Party Content, and your access to and use of such Third-Party Content is at your own risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Clapper, our parent companies, subsidiaries, licensors, service providers, and our and their affiliates, and each of our respective officers, directors, agents, partners and employees (individually and collectively, the “Clapper Parties
”) from and against any losses, liabilities, claims, demands, damages, expenses or costs (“Claims
”) arising out of or related to (a) your access to or use of the Services; (b) your User Content or Feedback; (c) your violation of these Terms or the Community Guidelines; (d) your violation, misappropriation or infringement of any rights of another (including intellectual property rights or privacy rights); or (e) your conduct in connection with the Services. You agree to promptly notify Clapper Parties of any third-party Claims, cooperate with Clapper Parties in defending such Claims and pay all fees, costs and expenses associated with defending such Claims (including, but not limited to, attorneys' fees). You also agree that the Clapper Parties will have control of the defense or settlement, at Clapper's sole option, of any third-party Claims. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and Clapper or the other Clapper Parties.
12. Disclaimers Your use of our Services is at your sole risk. Except as otherwise provided in a writing by us, our Services and any content therein are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In addition, Clapper does not represent or warrant that our Services are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. While Clapper attempts to make your use of our Services and any content therein safe, we cannot and do not represent or warrant that our Services or servers are free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Services.
13. Limitation of Liability To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Clapper and the other Clapper Parties will not be liable to you under any theory of liability—whether based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, warranty, or otherwise—for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, punitive or special damages or lost profits, even if Clapper or the other Clapper Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.Without limiting the foregoing, and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Clapper will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer, mobile device, equipment, computer programs, data, or other proprietary material due to your use of Clapper or the Services, or items obtained through Clapper or the Services, or due to your downloading of any material posted on Clapper or any website or application linked to it. The total liability of Clapper and the other Clapper Parties for any claim arising out of or relating to these Terms or our Services, regardless of the form of the action, is limited to the greater of $100.00 or the amount paid by you to use our Services. The limitations set forth in this Section 13 will not limit or exclude liability for the gross negligence, fraud or intentional misconduct of Clapper or the other Clapper Parties or for any other matters in which liability cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Additionally, some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you release Clapper and the other Clapper Parties from responsibility, liability, claims, demands and/or damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown (including, but not limited to, claims of negligence), arising out of or related to disputes between users and the acts or omissions of third parties. If you are a consumer who resides in California, you hereby waive your rights under California Civil Code § 1542, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
15. Transfer and Processing Data
In order for us to provide our Services, you agree that we may process, transfer and store information about you in the United States and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
16. Dispute Resolution; Binding Arbitration Please read the following section carefully because it requires you to arbitrate certain disputes and claims with Clapper and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us, unless you opt out of arbitration by following the instructions set forth below. No class or representative actions or arbitrations are allowed under this arbitration agreement. In addition, arbitration precludes you from suing in court or having a jury trial. No Representative Actions. You and Clapper agree that any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services is personal to you and Clapper and that any dispute will be resolved solely through individual action, and will not be brought as a class arbitration, class action or any other type of representative proceeding. Arbitration of Disputes.
Except for small claims disputes in which you or Clapper seeks to bring an individual action in small claims court located in the county of your billing address or disputes in which you or Clapper seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of intellectual property, you and Clapper waive your rights to a jury trial and to have any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services resolved in court
. Instead, for any dispute or claim that you have against Clapper or relating in any way to the Services, you agree to first contact Clapper and attempt to resolve the claim informally by sending a written notice of your claim (“Notice
”) to Clapper by email at email@example.com. The Notice must (a) include your name, residence address, email address, and telephone number; (b) describe the nature and basis of the claim; and (c) set forth the specific relief sought. Our notice to you will be similar in form to that described above. If you and Clapper cannot reach an agreement to resolve the claim within thirty (30) days after such Notice is received, then either party may submit the dispute to binding arbitration administered by JAMS or, under the limited circumstances set forth above, in court. All disputes submitted to JAMS will be resolved through confidential, binding arbitration before one arbitrator. Arbitration proceedings will be held in Dallas County, Texas or may be conducted telephonically or via video conference for disputes alleging damages less than $5,000, unless you are a consumer, in which case you may elect to hold the arbitration in your county of residence in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“JAMS Rules
”). For purposes of this section, you will be deemed a “consumer
” if you use the Services for your personal, family or household purposes. The most recent version of the JAMS Rules are available on the JAMS website
and are hereby incorporated by reference. You either acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the JAMS Rules or waive your opportunity to read the JAMS Rules and waive any claim that the JAMS Rules are unfair or should not apply for any reason.
You and Clapper agree that these Terms affect interstate commerce and that the enforceability of this Section 16 will be substantively and procedurally governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq
. (the “FAA
”), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. As limited by the FAA, these Terms and the JAMS Rules, the arbitrator will have exclusive authority to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding any dispute and to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court, including the power to determine the question of arbitrability. The arbitrator may conduct only an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative proceeding or preside over any proceeding involving more than one individual.
The arbitrator, Clapper, and you will maintain the confidentiality of any arbitration proceedings, judgments and awards, including, but not limited to, all information gathered, prepared and presented for purposes of the arbitration or related to the dispute(s) therein. The arbitrator will have the authority to make appropriate rulings to safeguard confidentiality, unless the law provides to the contrary. The arbitration will allow for the discovery or exchange of non-privileged information relevant to the dispute. The duty of confidentiality does not apply to the extent that disclosure is necessary to prepare for or conduct the arbitration hearing on the merits, in connection with a court application for a preliminary remedy or in connection with a judicial challenge to an arbitration award or its enforcement, or to the extent that disclosure is otherwise required by law or judicial decision.
You and Clapper agree that for any arbitration you initiate, you will pay the filing fee (up to a maximum of $250 if you are a consumer), and Clapper will pay the remaining JAMS fees and costs. For any arbitration initiated by Clapper, Clapper will pay all JAMS fees and costs. You and Clapper agree that the state or federal courts of the State of Texas and the United States sitting in Dallas County, Texas have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals and the enforcement of an arbitration award. Any claim arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services must be filed within one year after such claim arose; otherwise, the claim is permanently barred, which means that you and Clapper will not have the right to assert the claim. You have the right to opt out of binding arbitration within 30 days of the date you first accepted the terms of this Section 16 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
. In order to be effective, the opt-out notice must include your full name and address and clearly indicate your intent to opt out of binding arbitration. By opting out of binding arbitration, you are agreeing to resolve disputes in accordance with Section 17.
If any portion of this Section 16 is found to be unenforceable or unlawful for any reason, (a) the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall be severed from these Terms; (b) severance of the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall have no impact whatsoever on the remainder of this Section 16 or the parties’ ability to compel arbitration of any remaining claims on an individual basis pursuant to this Section 16; and (c) to the extent that any claims must therefore proceed on a class, collective, consolidated, or representative basis, such claims must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration, and the parties agree that litigation of those claims shall be stayed pending the outcome of any individual claims in arbitration. Further, if any part of this Section 16 is found to prohibit an individual claim seeking public injunctive relief, that provision will have no effect to the extent such relief is allowed to be sought out of arbitration, and the remainder of this Section 16 will be enforceable.
17. Governing Law and Venue
Any dispute arising from these Terms and your use of the Services will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Texas, except to the extent preempted by U.S. federal law, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles (whether of Texas or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any dispute between the parties that is not subject to arbitration or cannot be heard in small claims court will be resolved in the state or federal courts of Texas and the United States, respectively, sitting in Dallas County, Texas.
18. Modifying and Terminating our Services
We reserve the right to modify our Services or to suspend or stop providing all or portions of our Services at any time. You also have the right to stop using our Services at any time. We are not responsible for any loss or harm related to your inability to access or use our Services.
If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
The failure of Clapper to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of the parties and are not intended to confer third-party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity. You agree that communications and transactions between us may be conducted electronically.